Free Track and Windows 7

Free Track turned out to be a lost cause. I read up on all the 3 point clips everyone was building and selected some good IR LEDs and calculated the needed resisitors for my own setup. I ended up using a metal clothes hanger for the frame.

Turns out that the software utilizes 20% of my AMD single core processor which is sort of a buzz kill when it comes to frame rates... Tracking was there, but it was very finicky/flaky and I had to scotch tape a piece of floppy disc material over the lense of my borrowed webcam to filter all visible light....

Free-track is a decent technology demonstrator but its not being actively developed anymore and is nowhere near the plug and play stage that its commercial big brother TrackIR is.

I will be holfing out until I upgrade to I7 goodness before I go to head tracking as I surmize that the software really does require a decent processor to run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Assistant

Raspberry Pi 3 Kernel Update